Friday 25 March 2011

Project 12 - March 2011

I haven't even looked at the official P12 sketch for this month. Sue gave me a Crate Paper mushroom at the Retreat because I didn't want her throwing it away and I was sure I could do something with it. She gave me a matching piece to go with it and this is what I've come up with.


I cut out some holes and popped our faces inside. I used the circles from the hole making as spots, which means this is probably a toadstool now, not a mushroom. First official use for my new Circle Circus stamps from Stampin' Up. Made myself some grass for the toadstool to grow in and added some of the cute characters from the other piece of paper.


Various photos of the Bijoux Belles, the lovely hot chocolate I had, Maria glaring at me in the Deli and Janet enjoying one of Sarah's cupcakes!

I already had the Little Sprout stamp set, so I added on some extra mushrooms, an owl and a tree.

{click to enlarge}

Two pieces of patterned paper, a sheet of cardstock and a piece of scrappy white paper. Oh, and some left over lined paper and a title from an old Quirky Kit. Pretty minimalist!

3 comments:

Maria said...

Oh Laura the mushroom is FAB!!! Its so funny and you've done it beautifully. I want it!!

love the other layout too but why didnt you use the tea shop photo where I wasnt glaring!

great job, expecially on the mushroom

susibee said...

Absolutely fab but I can't read the journalling round the pics:( I didn't realise the mushroom was an actual piece of paper - I thought it was something made up. You have done a superb job. Maybe mushrooms can be the new rosettes?

Unknown said...

Great layout Laura, I wouldn't even know what to do with a mushroom and you have done so well with it, love the photos as well!