Tuesday 12 January 2010

Sketchy Thursdays 1.07

I've been oddly uninspired by the Crate Paper - Season collection that came as part of a kit, so for this Challenge I made an effort to use it, although I'm still not convinced by it. I chose a picture of my Father and I in Zion National Park during our 2008 Road Trip. Nearly filled three albums now with Road Trip pictures and I still have many pictures left.

In order to jazz it up a bit I added some paint to the background, doodled on everything, stamped and hand cut the title and stitched round the circle. I had assumed, when I was planning it out, that it would be a speedy scrap, but it took me hours in the end.

Nerdy Note: The doodling on the title is the ornament used for cross stratification on a graphic log. One of the most dramatic parts of Zion are the cross bedded Navajo sandstones.

2 comments:

The Studio by Amanda Jones said...

I like it a lot - but know what you mean about those papers - I'm not sure I'd know what to do with them either! Thanks for playing along :)

Amanda x
Sketchy Thursdays DT

Diana Fisher said...

Very cool! I love this! Thanks for playing!
-Diana, Sketchy Thursdays