Wednesday 14 January 2009

Jacob Lake


On our third night in America my dad and I stayed in this cabin in Jacob Lake. I include the link for the sake of interest only. The website is quite excellent and promises all sorts of joys. The reality wasn't so much fun. I'm not going to be doing layouts of the interior of this place, particularly not the dodgy heating system with wires hanging out, or the stained sinks in the bedrooms, or the odd toilet/shower/corridor thing between the two rooms. You just have to imagine them for yourself. Nor did I take a picture of the abrupt staff member who dealt with us when we arrived.

The location was fine, close enough to the North Rim of Grand Canyon to get there and back in an afternoon and at night the stars are pretty amazing. I went for the cookies, but in the end I just bought a trilobite, so I guess that would be another point in it's favour.

The papers are Crate Paper - Static, apart from the squirrel, which is part of their Lemongrass range. One of the Jacob Lake Inn logos is a squirrel, so I had to include him! The journalling reads, "Little Cabin in the Big Wood's. Laura's Pa!" I was always fond of Little House on the Prairie as a kid because of Laura and how she had such a wonderful father, just like I do. So this picture is of my Pa and a Little House in Big Woods!

No comments: